Do you have a LinkedIn to do list? What’s that, you ask? It’s simply a list of activities you will be engaging in on LinkedIn to accomplish your professional goals. It’s a bridge between your long term objectives and your everyday activities. It’s the answer to your: “Now that I have clarified my goals, how exactly do I get there?” question.
Can you get away with not having a LinkedIn to do list? If you could see me right now, you would know that I am shaking my head in such an energetic way that you would quickly lose hope of talking me out of it. Without a list, your activity will be sporadic, unplanned, “I’ll get to it when I feel like it” kind of affair, and we all know how that goes.
Here is a sample to do list:
1) Increase a number of quality connections by 100 by the end of the month
2) Curate an industry related article of value every other day
3) Post a status update of value every other day
4) Publish my first long form post on LinkedIn publishing platform by the end of the month
5) Upload most recent materials to my LinkedIn portfolio on the first of every month
6) Update my LinkedIn profile Summary by the end of the month
7) Request and receive recommendations from 2 clients and write 3 recommendations for former colleagues by the end of the month
As you can tell, this to do list includes items for your LinkedIn profile, or your static presence; for your LinkedIn engagement, or your dynamic presence (see an excellent article by one of the top social media authors and consultants Neal Schaffer explaining the difference between your static and dynamic presence and the importance of investing in both); for your LinkedIn network growing; and for your branding.
Also, this list incorporates both recurring activities such as content curation and one time projects such as publishing the first article on LinkedIn publishing platform. Note that the action items all have either a target frequency or a deadline. Way to go!
What’s on your list?
Hello, my name is Maria Fafard and I am delighted to meet you! I speak and write about thought leadership, blogging, personal branding, career strategy and LinkedIn strategy. If you have enjoyed my articles, please follow me here on WordPress, on LinkedIn and Twitter (@mariafafard), and check out my other blog MariaFafardWrites.Wordpress.com. For speaking inquiries, please send an email to email@example.com. Thank you. ~Maria