You are aware of the importance of making your LinkedIn profile visually appealing and understand why it’s crucial to include samples of your work in your LinkedIn profile. But how do you actually do this? Writing “how to” articles is not as dear to my heart as writing about LinkedIn strategy, but since “How do I add a document to my LinkedIn profile?” is one of the frequently asked questions in LinkedIn universe, I have put together this quick guide for you. Use it to add pictures of you working with your team, white papers you wrote, visually stunning slide decks you created, videos of you presenting and anything else you are proud of and want to showcase.
Your personal brand will thank you!
- Go to the section of your profile you want to add a file to (it can be either Summary or Experience, under one of your positions).
- Hover over Summary or the position of your choosing.
- An icon will appear that looks like a square with a plus sign. This is “Add a video, image, document, presentation…” button. Click on it.
- A window will open providing two options: to add a link or to upload a file.
- Click on blue “Upload a file” button, select the file you want to attach and double click on it.
- Now, add a Title for your file as well as an optional Description.
- Note that if you are uploading a ppt presentation, you have an option of killing two birds with one stone by simultaneously publishing it to SlideShare. If you don’t want to do this, make sure to uncheck “Publish to SlideShare” check box located under Description window.
- Click on Save button.
- You are all done! Click out of the section and check whether the image, video or presentation you have added with such loving care is displayed properly.
- If you wish, you can check out official LinkedIn guide to adding multi-media: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/34325/adding,-editing,-moving,-or-removing-work-samples-on-your-profile.
Now, isn’t your LinkedIn profile a thing of great beauty?
Looking for a speaker on thought leadership, career strategy and LinkedIn strategy? Email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking for a LinkedIn class? I am teaching a series of LinkedIn classes at General Assembly in Washington DC. Sign up at: https://lnkd.in/eyr3kP9.